October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and by now people recognize the pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon. If you haven’t had your mammogram yet, now is the time to go. I got mine this month and thankfully I’m fine but one of my friends was just diagnosed with it and is currently getting treatment. This blog is for her!
1. This picture shows how lovely pink can be when used properly. Photo courtesy ofdaisypinkcupcake.blogspot.com
7. Martha Stewart shows us how a little pink can make a room (even a bathroom) more interesting. So many rooms are neutral and adding colors gives them just the personality they need. Towels and bath mats are easily changed. You can switch to other colors for different seasons (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter,etc.) with out breaking the bank too.
8. Pink and white is a classic combination for little girls and almost all girls love pink (and purple) so you really can’t go wrong. For a more feminine look you should keep the pink soft like this but older girls might prefer bright and bold pinks.
9. If you have two little girls sharing a room this would be a beautiful room for them. There is even a trundle for over-night friends. Did you say slumber party? Photo courtesy ofhomeizea.com
11. Pink can be quite retro too. Remember these booths from the 50’s? They weren’t always red and white – pink had it’s place too! Photo courtesy of marketplace.secondlife.com
12. If you don’t want to make a permanent pink statement at least go get some pink flowers in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and keep your house filled with them all month!