INTERIOR DESIGN | Creative Use of Ladders in Interior Design
Have you ever wanted to re-purpose an item in your interior design project? Ladders make a perfect item for that and can be used in many creative ways.
1. Two A frame ladders inverted with shelves make a very functional shelving system. If using in a children’s room you should screw the shelves down to the ladders so they don’t move.
2. Creating a minimal magazine rack in the bathroom or anywhere else is easy with a leaning ladder. You can even leave the magazine or book open to where you left off.
3. A leaning ladder also could make a nice shoe rack. I’m not sure how they kept the shoes from falling off the back – I’m guessing by extending the rungs deep enough to hold the shoes fully.
4. A single A frame ladder makes a great plant stand and when painted bright colors like this it’s quite cheerful
5. Love a hand hewn ladder used as to hold towels. It takes minimal space but offers high function and a nice decorative touch.
6. This clever ladder with it’s extended shelves is great for extra storage or even for a bar. You can anchor the shelves to the wall through the back of each shelf so there is no chance of an accident!
7. How about using several ladders interspersed in a creative way for an artsy-fartsybookshelf? This piece would be quite the conversation piece, for sure!
Wooden ladders usually work the best unless you are looking for a more industrial vibe and then aluminum ones might look great.
All images courtesy of prosatrecosecarecos.blogspot.com