INTERIOR DESIGN – 8 Ways with Window Seats
Can’t you just imagine cuddling up with a book (or Nook or Kindle?) in a window seat and settling in for a relaxing few hours in the middle of your busy day?
1. Maybe it’s just a corner of the room where you can get away. There is even storage below for your blankets, pillows and books.
2. Or maybe you are lucky enough to have a wonderful bow window seat like this room that looks out into a peaceful garden. The room was designed by Marcy Philbrook.
3. You can make space for a window seat by building it between two bookshelves. Remember to build the bookcases with false backs so they won’t be too deep.
4. Here is an idea if you are a serious reader – continue the book shelves beyond the window seat and make it a real library! Who wouldn’t find peace with that wonderful view?
5. Maybe several of you like to plop down at the same time. Here is a solution and it could serve as extra sleeping too.
6. OK – maybe you don’t even want to read – just sit an contemplate the Ocean view. Sounds good to me. I could enjoy that for hours.
7. If your style is modern this could be perfect for you. It’s like a picture framed greenhouse view.
8. And if you don’t have a place for a window seat – Make one! Create one by popping it outside. I hope there is something nice to look at in this courtyard ’cause it doesn’t show in the picture but I’m sure you would make it beautiful.
Have a wonderful day!