What’s old is new again and Mid Century Modern is all the rage these days
1. This home is very reminiscent of the 50’s even down to the mobile in the dining room! Mid Century Modern style is minimalistic, low, simple and sculptural. The seating usually had a canted seat so you sat into it not on it.
3. These Breuer Chairs are classic and very comfortable. They are also light weight and easy to move which makes them perfect for family dining.
5. Brno Chairs by Mies Vander Rhoe. Even the screen has a mid century look!
6. The bubble chair remains a favorite of children and adults alike. This one is clear acrylic but sometimes it’s found with a solid plastic bubble.
7. Here are two of the Eero Aarnio Bubble Chairs in a classic minimalistic room. Notice the green egg chair also, which was designed in 1958.
9. The Le Corbusier L2 chair is made of leather and often found in offices. The unique thing about these chairs is that the frame is on the outside.
10. The Le Corbusier L3 chair is very similar to the L2 chair only wider.
11. Here is another Mid Century look you might recognize.
12. Benches and seating with loose cushions like this were very prevalent in Mid Century design.
13. Shown here is a Noguchi table and Saarinen womb chair.
14. This Wassily chair by Breuer is still popular because it is visually small and uniquely sculptural with it’s chrome frame and leather straps.
If this is your favorite style – go get decorating!