Today I have some beautiful fireplace designs to spark your creative juices. Fireplaces come in many shapes and sizes but how they are finished can make all the difference in how the room comes together and reflects your style.
1. This modern linear fireplace is tiled in a way that makes the whole wall a piece of art.
2. These large rustic stone slabs create the perfect hearth and header for the fieldstone fireplace pictured. It’s a casual cozy place to warm up by the fire.
3. Metal is a beautiful surface for fireplace surrounds. Here the copper is asymmetrical to accentuate the modern feeling of the room.
4. Speaking of metal – this one is rusted steel with exposed brads for a textural touch in this casual room.
5. Brushed stainless steel is used effectively here to frame the corner fireplace.
6. Concrete surfaces are showing up a lot these days and this simple fireplace has lots of impact because of it’s angular shape and simple lines. Concrete comes in many colors and textures.
7. This is not quite your traditional marble fireplace. It is created by covering the whole wall with slabs of Calacatta Oro marble. Wrapping it around the corner increases the visual bulk and impact.
8. For a more casual stone application, you might prefer this stacked ledger stone fireplace, which requires no grout.
9. Of course, a hand carved marble fireplace fits perfectly in some homes to add a touch of elegance and Old World charm.
10. This cast stone fireplace with overmantle makes a very strong statement. When a room has tall ceilings the fireplace needs this bulk and height.
11. The fireplace pictured here has the look of a large fireplace but actually only uses a small amount of travertine tiles for the hearth and surround. Drama and height was added by framing the over mantel out of sheetrock and painting it all to compliment the stone tiles and painting the surrounding walls a dark color. The large crown at the top is raised above the room crown to further give the feeling that the fireplace is all one large unit.
12. Last but not least, how about a functioning fireplace that allows you to still enjoy the outdoor view! The full height glass lets in plenty of light and makes the room seem much larger. I hope this article lights your fire if you are wanting to reinvent your fireplace!12. Last but not least, how about a functioning fireplace that allows you to still enjoy the outdoor view! The full height glass lets in plenty of light and makes the room seem much larger.
I hope this article lights your fire if you are wanting to reinvent your fireplace!