Today's guest blogger is Susi from Arcadian Lighting, with some ideas about lighting the Bathroom.
8 Ways to Light Up the Bath
Hi, I'm Susi and I write for Arcadian Lighting, a wonderful resource for lighting ideas and trends online. I am delighted to be guest blogging here at Accent on Design. My guest post today is all about ways to light up the bathroom. While a bar of vanity lights will do the job, there are so many other options for bathroom lighting fixtures these days. Here are eight of my favorite ways to light up the bath. Thanks for letting me stop by!
1. Lighting for a bath, like any room, should ideally be a mix of fixtures. Something for task lighting, something to add sparkle or overhead light and something in the shower are smart choices when choosing lighting for the bathroom.
2. A classic light for a classic bathroom is a two-light vanity light above the mirror. This is the perfect size light for a pedestal sink and narrow mirror.
3. The combination of a sparkling chandelier and recessed lighting creates a range of ambient and task lighting for this larger bathroom. Creating lighting zones is important in a larger bathroom.
4. In a contemporary bathroom sleek pendant lights hung low in front of a mirror are a cool option. Look for lights with clean lines and shapes for a contemporary bathroom.
5. For lower ceilings or in the shower, recessed lighting is a good choice. Just make sure your lighting is waterproof for all the moisture in the bathroom.
6. An alternative to a chandelier or a utilitarian semi-flush mounted fixture is a drum shade. You can choose a very simple drum shade or one with metal trim for more sparkle.
7. In a powder room, have fun with the lighting. Choose a pendant or chandelier that has a big impact but doesn't overwhelm the space.
8. A pair of wall lights flanking a mirror is a stylish choice of lighting that also creates a flattering light. Mounting a wall sconce on a large mirror feels glamorous.
Please call if I can be of any help!
408-369-9801 or email me
Lila Levinson, ASID, CKD, CID, NCIDQ, IDG