Have you noticed a lot more orange out there this year? The reason is that Tangerine Tango is the 2012 Color of the Year! It can be seen in many shades but bright pure orange is what is happening now. It is an excellent color to go with any other shade and brightens a room easily. Some people want a lot and others a little but it always works.
1. These homeowners definitely love the color orange because it has such a dominant place in their kitchen. Because cabinets are an expensive item they will be living with it a long time.
2. If you aren't quite that bold try a small accent wall. It's easy to repaint later if you change your color scheme.
3. Here is another bold statement that will wake up a sleepy bathroom. This may be a permanent color application but you could paint the sides of your tub yourself or have it done professionally at an auto body shop for some impact.
4. Orange lends itself very well to contemporary design but as you can see here this orange sofa also works in a traditional/transitional setting.
5. Here is a contemporary room with lots of orange upholstered pieces of furniture. It goes well with all the other nature inspired colors and textures. Notice the green ceiling, which compliments it.
6. There is no shortage of orange sofas out there, as you can see. Here they have added a large orange floor pillow too.
7. If you aren't brave enough to decorate with a pure orange wall - go for a toned down version like this wall for a much softer look.
Next week I will give you some examples of using orange in your accessories instead of as the primary color in the room.
Link to previous blogs here
Please call if I can be of any help!
408-369-9801 or email me
Lila Levinson, ASID, CKD, CID, NCIDQ, IDG