Do you hate your laundry room because it is cramped, dingy and uninspired? Here is some inspiration for laundry room design.
1. Here is an ideal laundry room with plenty of space for everything and even pull down hanging rods. Not everyone has the luxury of this much space so I have some examples of much smaller laundry rooms too.
2. Maybe you can steal a little room in your bathroom when you remodel to install some under cabinet laundry equipment like this picture. The folding counter on top is very handy too and the doors slide into the cabinets space.
3. Here is a good solution for putting the laundry equipment inside a closet. Notice the smart use of shelving on the doors for easy access and the drawers below the equipment which raises them up a little for comfortable use.
4. This laundry room is ingenious - it's hidden behind a movable bookcase! Easy access when you need it but out of sight the rest o of the time.
5. If there is a little extra space at the end of a bathroom it could be converted into a laundry room and hidden by frosted glass double doors.
6. If you really don't have room anywhere else you could install a combination washer dryer in the kitchen like they door in Europe. It only takes up two square feet and beats doing laundry in the garage or at the laundromat!
7. Once you are done with the washing and drying there is still more to do and this set up with laundry baskets and an ironing board inside the closet is perfect for quick touch ups. The ironing board is stored inside a drawer.
Now you can enjoy doing the laundry in your fabulous new laundry room! Please add comments and pictures of your solutions below.
Please call me if I can be of any help!
408-369-9801 or email me
Lila Levinson, ASID, CKD, CID, NCIDQ, IDG