The kitchen is the hardest working room in the house and deserves to be designed with lots of care and attention to detail.
2. This beautiful Country French kitchen sports an oversized armoire that is used as a pantry. The large tumbled limestone pavers and rustic cabinetry and counter add to the ambiance. There is continuity of feeling throughout the room.
3. Here is a kitchen that appears to be all white until you notice the beautiful soft blue ceiling. It’s just the right amount of color without taking away the clean and serene feeling of this kitchen.
4. At first glance this is just another beautiful kitchen designed by Candice Olsen but look in the background and see the raised fireplace. That little detail makes it visible to everyone in the kitchen as well as the eating nook. I also happen to love the waterfall counter on the eating bar.
5. Here is a nice little detail – a seat for one. If you have a very tiny kitchen you might be able to incorporate a little tucked away place like this so someone could sit and talk to you while you cook or you could enjoy a cup of coffee or breakfast there.
6. It is a clever detail to add 10-12″ to the back of your kitchen cabinet for a bookcase or display shelves that also serves as a room divider. By having the counter top extend all the way over them both you also create more counter space in the kitchen.