Everyone would like a functional and fabulous looking kitchen so when you get a chance to remodel or build a new kitchen it’s a very exciting prospect! It can be stressful but look for ideas to define your functional needs and style before you begin. A kitchen designer can help.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. This contemporary kitchen has all the function and simplicity you could want and doesn’t forget contrasts for drama. The bar stools are the jewelery that give it life.
2. Designer Linda Floyd has used lots of details to add character to this traditional kitchen. What a great island with the lead top and Parisian style glass display shelves!
3. The entrance to this Craftsman style kitchen sets the mood and expectations before you even enter. There is room to display lots of your treasures inside the lighted glass cabinets.
4. If you don’t really want to show off your every day dishes but still want glass cabinets – try frosted glass. It adds a light airy feeling without revealing too much.
5. Custom cabinets add lots of pzazz. In this kitchen they are only used in the hood area but impact the whole style of the room.
6. The decorative end panels on the island and nail head trim on the bar stools give this kitchen a real finely furnished room feeling. The dining room sized lamp over the island helps add to the effect.
7. Dramatic flooring ups the design factor significantly. This dining table serves double duty as a secondary island too. Did you notice the creative hood? Of course a crystal chandelier adds the bling.
8. Adding some round and curved shapes to the kitchen brings it to a new level!
9. The cooktop or range is often the focal point in a kitchen so be sure to highlight it.
10. Here is a more architectural carved stone hood by my friend Suzanne at Zenique Designs
There are lots of details to be considered when designing a kitchen and the details make all the difference between ending up with an OK kitchen and one that is fabulous!