An organic style of furniture that is gaining momentum in the marketplace these days is called Live Edge Design. It is composed of a slab of wood cut from a tree without the edges being cut off so it has a undulating edge. The natural shape and beauty of the wood graining is preserved.
1. Thhis stunning live edge coffee table is made with a waerfall edge and is supported by a simple piece of temepered glass. Via
3. It takes large trees to make dining tables or conference room tables with live edges. This one is made by book matching two pieces and fastening them together in the center so both long edges of the table are “live”. Via
4. Benches can be made with live edges too so you have a complete matching set. Via
5. This table was made from a very large truck that was cut in a slice though the trunk instead of a slice along the length. It takes an extremely large tree to make a round table like this. The root trunk base make the whole piece organic looking. Via
6. Individual tree round make unique coffee table and these have wheels to make them easy to move around too. The natural cracks in the rounds add character and the stripped sides make them a little less rustic. Via
These pieces of furniture may look so simple they would be inexpensive, but that is not the case. Most are made to very high standards and are not for the budget minded client.