The holidays are just past and those credit card bills are coming in now so there’s not so much money available to brighten up your home, but here are a few simple ideas to jump start the New Year.
1. Painting a wall or a room is an inexpensive quick fix and if you get tired of it you can always change it again. These broad horizontal stripes are an unexpected surprise.
3. Here’s an eye catching idea – arrange your books by color (not height) or cover them in some bright colored book covers that you make yourself. You could do a wall of jewel tone book covers for instance.
4. Pick a color that is already in your room like these pendant lights and add some colored filters or gels to your cove or skylight lighting.
5. If you have a bookcase or cabinet with little interest, blow up a photocopy of your favorite recipe and paste it to the back wall. Add a clear coat over it to protect it. You could also blow up parts of a book or letter or whatever is personal to you to use in other parts of the house.
10. Last, but certain not least, is to always nice have some fresh flowers or colorful branches in the house to give it life!