INTERIOR DESIGN – Does Your Home Office Function Well?
So many more people are working from home these days, either part time or full time, that the home office has become a critical Interior Design project. It is important to design it with lots of practical function in mind and at the same time keep it attractive.
1. Do you have enough work space and storage space? This shallow counter serves as a perfect place for a laptop, printer, etc. and the abundant bookshelves provide plenty of easily accessible storage.
2. Do you need large display areas? Cork board is good for that and a large layout table is nearby. Labeled binders keep client or project files readily available.
3. Here is another large layout or project table and plenty of chairs for conferencing or sharing.
4. If several of you share an office you might want a partners desk like this. Each person has their own work space with a large common layout area shared by both of them.
5. If work space is limited you could build a pull out like this one.
6. Roll out drawers for your printers and other hardware keep the clutter to a minimum.
7. Here is another take on a two person office. It’s built right into the central core of the house, with cabinets on the return walls as well.