INTERIOR DESIGN – 10 Exciting Tile Designs
Tile design is used all over the house and even outside. When planning a tile project the Interior Designer must consider many factors including slip resistance, durability, color, finish surface, light reflectance, color combinations, size and shape, etc. Each tile design should be custom selected to compliment the space it is going into.
1. This beautiful fountain was made with custom Fireclay tile. Isn’t it stunning?
2. This homeowner designed a beautiful and colorful broken tile backsplash for her kitchen. The abstract and meandering nature of it is one of a kind.
3. These bronze tiles by Crossville add a nice soft reflection to the backsplash. The use of the decorative corner dots add texture.
4. The bold black and tan checkerboard in the backsplash behind the stove creates a strong focal point and a little whimsy. Notice that it is at the back of a niche.
5. Four colors of marble tile were used in this floor and the inlaid “rugs” were created by cutting the tile into borders. This design breaks up the long hallway.
6. Hand painted tile is used for trimming the doors and windows in this Mediterranean home. There is absolutely no doubt where the front door is. It’s interesting that the doorway is beveled.
7. Moorish designed tiles are used for the stair risers here. It’s so fun to have each riser in a different pattern.
8. Water jet cut medallions are popular in entryways and can be simple designs like this one with contrasting polished and honed stone, mosaics or ……….
9. Very elaborate multi colored water jet tiles which are carefully pieced together for absolutely stunning floors.
10. There are even tile planks today that look like wood. They come in lots of colors, species and sizes. You can have the warm look of wood without the maintenance.