St. Patrick's Day is almost here so green is the color of the day! Here are some ways to accessorize your home with this fresh and lively color.
1. Although this room has pale green walls, it is the green pillows that are the star here. White and green is a very refreshing color combination.
2. Green draperies are an easy solution to getting some green into your room. Notice they repeated the green in the pillows and throw on the chair.
3. All this room needed was green chairs and it came alive! Do you have some chairs that need reupholstering? Try using a bold color like this for a whole new look to your room.
4. If you go more for today's hot yellow green - paint the back of the bookcase and then add a throw to bring the color into the room. The white accessories on the bookcase really pop off the green backgound. Even the lampshade matches.
5. What a beautiful dining room - with just the plants in the corner for a touch of green. They could be trees or plants on stands like the ones in this picture.
6. A green headboard with a pillow repeating the color gives life to this neutral room. This could be an easy do-it-yourself project by just making a plywood frame, covering it with padding and then stapling the fabric onto the back. They used nailhead trim here for texture and a little glam.
7. This wall of live plants makes a bold statment and is easily watered with a drip watering system. You will need a well lit wall - maybe a skylight overhead or else large windows nearby.
8. Here is another way to use green plants for decorating and have them be functional too. Having a live herb garden in the kitchen is a great way to always have fresh herbs.
9. Even the family pets can use of dose of green in their part of the house! Aren't these pet beds adorable?
Look for a way to incorporate green into your accessory decorating and you will be amazed what a change it can make.
Link to previous blogs here
Please call me if I can be of any help!
408-369-9801 or email me
Lila Levinson, ASID, CKD, CID, NCIDQ, IDG