1. Although books are going electronic these day there are still people who love the feel of a book in their hand and have large collections of books.
2. This traditional bookcase houses favorites and classics, all easily accessible.
3. This library has a rolling ladder and rail to reach the high shelves and the books have been covered in neutral paper for a unifying look. Hopefully they are not just for looks! the painted back of the bookcase makes the books pop and unites with the blue colors in the room.
4. This upper landing hallway is the perfect place to build some bookshelves. You can grab a book and find a comfortable place to settle down to read.
5. Here is a creative and decorative way to store your books on a diagonal.
6. If your taste runs more creative this abstract bookcase is a piece of stunning art as well! I'm afraid you will have to imagine what it looks like with books in it.
7. I love the way this bookcase incorporates a lighted display to break it up. The rolling ladder is always charming as well as practical.
8. A whole room off a hallway has been dedicated to reading in this picture. What a comfortable place to retreat to.
9. Settling down to read in this cozy nook with a fabulous view would be wonderful. It might be hard to leave, though.
10. Here is another serene place to read with a fabulous view. What a restful place!
11. Here is a creative and unusal use for a ladder - now it's a bookshelf!
12. Don't forget the kids' books. Reading is a very important part of early childhood development so have a nice library for them and a comfortable chair and get them started on the adventures that can be found in books!
Have a wonderful day and take some time to read something interesting and absorbing.
Link to previous blogs here
Please call me if I can be of any help!
408-369-9801 or email me
Lila Levinson, ASID, CKD, CID, NCIDQ, IDG